Survey builders are online tools that allow users to create and distribute surveys for a variety of purposes, such as market research, customer feedback, employee satisfaction, and academic research. These tools are typically designed to be user-friendly and require no programming skills, making it easy for anyone to create and conduct a survey.
The process of creating a survey using a survey builder typically involves selecting a template or starting from scratch, adding questions and response options, and customizing the design and branding of the survey. Hence, most survey builders also offer a range of features and options, such as skip logic, branching, randomization, and response validation, to help users create effective and accurate surveys.
Once a survey has been created, survey builders typically offer a range of options for distributing the survey, such as via email, social media, or embedding it on a website. Also, they also provide tools for tracking and analyzing responses, such as real-time reporting, data visualization, and statistical analysis.
Why to use survey builders?
Survey builders are tools designed to help users create, distribute, and analyze surveys. There are several reasons why someone might want to use a survey builder:
These builders can save time and effort by streamlining the process of creating a survey. Therefore, instead of having to design and code a survey from scratch, users can use pre-made templates or drag-and-drop interfaces to create a survey quickly and easily.
They offer a range of customization options, allowing users to tailor their surveys to their specific needs. Thus, users can choose from different question types, add logos or images, and customize the survey’s branding and colors.
Survey builders often come with built-in data analysis tools, making it easy to interpret and visualize the survey results. Hence, this can save users the time and effort of having to manually analyze and interpret the data themselves.
Thus, Survey builders can help users distribute their surveys to a wider audience. Many builders offer integrations with email marketing platforms, social media, and other channels, making it easier to reach a larger and more diverse group of respondents.
Why choose SurveySparrow as a survey builder?
SurveySparrow is a top pick if you’re looking for an online survey tool. Here’s why: It’s like having a chat! SurveySparrow makes surveys feel like you’re having a friendly conversation. This means more people might finish the survey because it’s fun and engaging.
They’ve got ready-to-use templates. So, you can quickly make your survey without starting from scratch.
See results clearly:
Once you get answers, their tools help you see and understand the data easily. No need to be a data expert!
Works on any device:
Therefore, whether on a phone, tablet, or computer, your survey will look great.
Connects with other apps:
If you use other tools for your work, SurveySparrow can link up with them, making things smoother.
In short, if you want a friendly, easy, and effective survey tool, SurveySparrow is a fantastic choice!
Top 10 Survey Builders with features
1. SurveySparrow – Best for conversational interface
SurveySparrow is a cloud-based survey builder that allows users to create and distribute surveys across multiple platforms. One of the key features of SurveySparrow is its conversational interface, which allows questions to be presented in a chat-like format, making the experience more engaging and interactive for respondents. Thus, SurveySparrow also offers question branching, skip logic, and the ability to embed multimedia elements such as videos and images.
SurveySparrow is used by businesses, non-profits, and educational institutions for various purposes such as market research, customer feedback, and employee engagement surveys. Thus, the platform offers various pricing plans, including a free basic plan, making it accessible to users of all levels.
- Customizable surveys: Can create surveys that match your brand’s look and feel. You can customize the colors, fonts, and styles to create a unique survey that reflects your brand’s personality.
- Multiple question types: It offers a wide range of question types, including multiple-choice, rating scales, open-ended questions, and more. This allows you to create surveys that are tailored to your specific needs.
- Conditional logic: You can easily create surveys that adapt to your respondents’ answers. Thus, this means that you can ask follow-up questions based on their previous answers, making the survey more engaging and personalized.
- Mobile responsiveness: Surveys are designed to be mobile-responsive, which means that they are optimized for viewing on mobile devices. Therefore, this ensures that your respondents can take your survey wherever they are, on any device.
- Analytics and reporting: Detailed analytics and reporting features that allow you to track your survey’s performance and analyze your results. You can view response rates, completion rates, and other key metrics to gain insights into your respondents’ behavior.
- Integrations: You can integrate SurveySparrow with a range of popular tools, including Zapier, Google Sheets, and Slack. This allows you to automate your workflows and streamline your data collection and analysis processes.
- Security: Surveysparrow takes security seriously and uses SSL encryption to protect your data. They also comply with GDPR and other data privacy regulations to ensure that your data is safe and secure.
2. SurveyMonkey – Best for easier data collection
SurveyMonkey is an online survey builder that enables users to create and distribute custom surveys. Additionally, with its user-friendly interface, SurveyMonkey has become a popular tool for businesses, organizations, and individuals who need to gather data from a target audience quickly and easily. Also, SurveyMonkey is a powerful tool that offers a wide range of features to help individuals and businesses create and distribute surveys, analyze data, and gain valuable insights into their customers’ opinions and behaviors.
- Branching and skip logic: Users can use branching and skip logic to create a personalized survey experience for respondents. This means that respondents will only be asked questions that are relevant to them, based on their previous answers.
- Integration with other tools: SurveyMonkey integrates with other tools, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, and Mailchimp. This allows users to easily send out surveys and analyze the data they collect.
- Analysis tools: It provides users with analysis tools that allow them to see their data in real-time. This includes graphs and charts that can be customized to show the data in a way that is most useful to the user.
- Collaboration features: Therefore, SurveyMonkey allows users to collaborate on surveys with team members, share results, and provide feedback.
3. Google Forms – Best for user-friendly interface
Google Forms is a web-based survey and questionnaire tool that allows users to easily create and send surveys, quizzes, and polls to collect data. Thus, it is a part of Google’s suite of productivity tools, including Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
Google Forms provides a simple and intuitive interface for creating customized surveys with a variety of question types, including multiple choice, dropdown, short answer, and more. Additionally, users can also add images or videos to their surveys and customize the look and feel with themes and templates.
- Multiple question types: Supports a variety of question types, including multiple-choice, checkbox, dropdown, linear scale, and date/time.
- Collaboration: Users can collaborate on a form at the same time, making it easy to gather input and feedback from team members.
- Analytics and reporting: Platform provides real-time analytics and reporting, allowing users to track responses and view detailed charts and graphs.
- Customizable notifications: Users can set up notifications to receive email alerts when a new response is submitted. Thus, making it easy to stay up-to-date on form submissions.
4. Typeform – Best for multi language support
Typeform is a cloud-based platform allowing the creation of interactive and engaging surveys, forms, and quizzes. It stands out with its user-friendly, drag-and-drop interface, enabling easy survey creation without coding knowledge. Typeform also offers various templates and design elements, like images and videos, assisting users in crafting surveys that align with their branding and tone.
- Interactive questions: Typeform’s questions are highly interactive and engaging, allowing users to add images, videos, and other multimedia to their questions to make them more interesting and compelling.
- Integrations: Also, they can integrate with a range of third-party tools, including Google Sheets, Zapier, and Salesforce, making it easy to connect your forms and surveys with your other business systems.
- Multi-language support: Additionally, it supports multiple languages, allowing users to create forms and surveys in different languages to cater to their global audience.
- Payment collection: Users can collect payments directly through their forms, making it a great tool for e-commerce businesses.
5. Qualtrics – Best for large scale surveys
Qualtrics is a powerful survey platform that offers a range of features to help businesses and organizations design, distribute, and analyze surveys. Its advanced question types, logic and branching, and advanced analytics make it a great choice for businesses looking to gain insights into their customers’ opinions and behaviors. It is often used for large-scale surveys and academic research studies.
- Multi-channel distribution: Platform offers multiple survey distribution options, including email, SMS, and social media, making it easy to reach a large audience.
- Advanced analytics: It provides users with advanced data analysis and reporting capabilities, allowing them to visualize and analyze results in real time.
- Panel management: Qualtrics allows users to manage their own panels, or to purchase panel respondents directly from Qualtrics to get feedback from specific demographics or target audiences.
- Qualitative research: Additionally, range of tools are available for conducting qualitative research, including online focus groups, interviews, and diary studies.
6. Alchemer (Formerly SurveyGizmo) – Best for collaborative features
Alchemer is a powerful survey builder that provides a wide range of features and tools to help businesses and organizations create, distribute, and analyze surveys. Its intuitive interface and user-friendly design make it easy for users to create surveys quickly and easily, without the need for extensive technical skills. Hence, Alchemer is a powerful tool for businesses looking to gather insights into their customers and make data-driven decisions.
- Panel management: Alchemer allows users to manage their own panels, or to purchase panel respondents directly from SurveyGizmo to get feedback from specific demographics or target audiences.
- Security and compliance: It offers a range of security features, including SSL encryption, two-factor authentication, and compliance with GDPR and other data privacy regulations.
- Multi-channel distribution: Multiple survey distribution options are available including email, SMS, social media, and website embedding, making it easy to reach a large audience.
- Collaborative features: Also, users can share surveys with team members and work together on survey creation and analysis, with commenting and feedback features to facilitate collaboration.
7. Formstack – Best for multiple question types
Formstack is a multifaceted survey builder apt for organizations of every scale, facilitating the collection of crucial feedback and insights. Ideally, it’s perfect for a spectrum of survey types, excelling in creation, distribution, and analysis of surveys. Consequently, with its user-friendly interface and advanced features, it has become a favored option for entities aiming to collate data and responses from diverse stakeholders.
- Question types: Formstack offers a variety of question types, including multiple-choice, open-ended, and rating scales. Additionally, users can add advanced question types such as file uploads, date pickers, and CAPTCHAs.
- Mobile-friendly design: It is designed to be mobile-friendly, ensuring that surveys and forms are optimized for viewing on mobile devices.
- Security features: Platform offers a range of security features, including SSL encryption and HIPAA compliance, ensuring that survey data is kept safe and secure.
8. Zoho Survey – Best for customization experience
Zoho Survey is a versatile online survey builder, ideally suited for creating surveys, questionnaires, and polls for a variety of purposes. Featuring a user-friendly interface, extensive customization options, and robust reporting, it has become a favorite among many businesses and organizations. Consequently, whether it’s for market research or collecting feedback, Zoho Survey serves as a flexible and efficient tool to fulfill your needs.
- Customization options: It offers a wide range of customization options, allowing users to create surveys that are on-brand and visually appealing. Hence, users can add logos, images, and branding elements to their surveys, as well as customize the colors, fonts, and styles of their forms.
- Integration with other tools: Can easily integrate with a variety of other tools and platforms, including Zoho CRM, Salesforce, and Google Sheets, making it easy to share and analyze data across multiple channels.
- Advanced reporting and analytics: Zoho Survey offers powerful reporting and analytics features, allowing users to track response rates, monitor completion times, and analyze responses to gain insights into their audience’s preferences and behaviors.
- Collaboration tools: Platform allows multiple users to collaborate on surveys and forms. Thus, making it easy to work on projects with teams and colleagues.
9. SurveyLegend – Best for interactive survey
SurveyLegend is a user-friendly online survey builder, allowing the creation of custom surveys, questionnaires, and polls. A key benefit is its mobile-friendly interface, enabling the creation of optimized surveys for mobile devices. The platform also provides real-time reporting and analytics for tracking and analyzing responses promptly.
- Interactive features: SurveyLegend offers a variety of interactive features, such as quizzes, assessments, and surveys that use images and videos to make the survey-taking experience enjoying.
- Question types: It offers a variety of question types, including multiple choice, open-ended, and rating scales. Additionally, users can add advanced question types such as slider questions, picture choice questions, and NPS questions.
- Mobile-friendly design: Hence, SurveyLegend is designed to be mobile-friendly, ensuring that surveys and forms are optimized for viewing on mobile devices.
10. Pointerpro (Formerly SurveyAnyplace) – Best for gamification features
SurveyAnyplace is a novel online survey builder offering unique features for businesses and organizations to create engaging surveys. It provides diverse customization options, enabling users to incorporate logos, images, and colors, aligning surveys with their organization’s brand identity.
- Gamification features: SurveyAnyplace offers gamification features, such as quizzes, interactive games, and badges, to make the survey-taking experience more enjoyable and engaging.
- Conditional logic: Users can create surveys that adapt to each respondent’s unique answers, enabling personalized surveys that are tailored to individual respondents.
- Integration with other tools: Users can integrate with multiple tools, including Zapier, HubSpot, and Salesforce. Thus, making it easy to share and analyze data across multiple channels.
In conclusion, many top-notch survey builders are available today. The 10 highlighted here offer diverse features and customization, enabling creation of tailored surveys. SurveySparrow is user-friendly, and SurveyAnyplace has gamification features. Zoho Survey allows for customization, and Formstack has robust reporting. Each has unique offerings. Whether for customer feedback, market research, or employee feedback, these builders are powerful and versatile for all survey needs.